Monday, August 1, 2011

The Unfunny Stuff My Girlfriend Finds Funny

Who invented DearBlankPleaseBlank?

Your crap clogs my Facebook feed every single day.

I don't know if the unfunny content I read through Facebook is always from your site, but I do know you popularized this format, making a poor excuse for humor acceptable for widespread internet use. My girlfriend has taken full advantage of this fact. Whenever I see the format:

Dear [stupid shit],

Please [stupid shit].

Sincerely,

  [stupid person or shit]

my eyes gloss over in rage. As my eyes wander across the first line, I already know whatever is to come will be unfunny. I can also count on my girlfriend's hordes of doofy friends to scream and giggle in female jolliness, a happiness I can't recall enjoying since I received a Sega Dreamcast for my birthday.

Perhaps I'm mad that I can't enjoy this type of humor, that I can't scream and giggle over something so simple. I admittedly have a difficult time laughing at many things, not because I'm a serious person, but because most things just aren't funny to me.

I don't have many options besides continuing to sift through this heaping pile of "humor" every day. Sure I could tell my girlfriend about her poor taste in humor, but I like sex so I'm stuck ranting about it in a place she never finds. Plus, who am I to judge what others find funny?

/endrant

No comments:

Post a Comment